Wrap Around Care aims to give your child the best possible start and end to their school day. The children have the opportunity to mix with others from all year groups in a fun and friendly environment, which in turn promotes their learning and development. WRAP gives Northwick Manor children access to high quality, affordable and reliable childcare that fits in with normal working hours.
Wrap Around is run by teaching assistants and staff who your children will already be familiar with from within their normal school day.
On a day to day basis Wrap Around is run in house by Mrs Lewis our School Manager and led by Mrs King.
Parents have the option to choose Childcare that best suits their needs. The options available are listed below.
- Before school childcare, with breakfast starting at 7:45 until 8:45 costs £4.00 per session. However if you would prefer an 8:00 start this will cost £3.50. At 8:45 the children are guided to their class rooms, reception children will always be escorted and handed to their teachers.
- After school childcare, including a snack and drink runs from 3:15pm until 4:30pm this costs £5.00 per session.
- After school childcare, including a light tea runs from 3:15pm until 6:00pm this costs £10.00 per session. Termly menus can be found on the school website.
- Full wrap around care from 7:45am through until 6:00pm including a breakfast and light tea is £13.00 per day.
Our breakfast menu consists of toast, crumpets, bagels, tea cakes, muffins, cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt. We also provide a variety of drinks including fruit juices and milkshakes. (All school compliant).
Our after school menu runs on a 3 week cycle, this is available to be viewed on the school website.
We strive to provide a wide range of activities including:
- Arts and crafts – Painting, play dough, making cards, masks, colouring and puzzles etc.
- Board and card games – Uno, top trumps, connect 4, monopoly, chess and many others.
- Computers which are supervised with access to educational programmes and educational games. Children can (but are not made too) access the computers for homework or product research.
- Creative play – Lego, Duplo, play mobile, cars/garage, dolls, dolls house, dressing up, building blocks etc.
- Group games – Variety of ball games, bench ball, and dance games amongst others provide access for all year groups.
- We provide outdoor play weather permitting.
We provide the children with a variety of other activities the above is just a sample of what we do.
We can also provide emergency care for your child if we have the availability. Please ring the school office to make an enquiry or book. We also have an emergency contact no 07534014750 for After School Care. We pride ourselves in the quality of our childcare, educational knowledge and qualifications, skills and capabilities. We are a friendly approachable team and are always ready to answer and help with any parent’s queries or concerns.
If you are interested in a place for your child in wrap around care or would like more information then please enquire at the school office or contact Mrs King or Mrs Lewis.
Northwick Manor Primary School
Terms and Conditions for Wrap Around Care
Before we can accept your booking, you must sign and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Your child must attend Northwick Manor Primary school and be registered with wrap around care before any booking can be accepted, even if you only intend to use the club occasionally.
- Registration forms are available on our web site or from the office.
- Ad-hoc bookings may be possible if staffing levels allow, please telephone the school office on 01905 454430.
- It is preferable to make all booking in advance to secure your place.
- A minimum of 48 hours’ notice must be given to cancel a pre-booked session otherwise the full rate will be charged. Exceptional circumstances for short notice cancellation may be considered at the discretion of the Head Teacher.
- No refunds will be made for school closures due to snow extreme weather conditions.
- You must inform us, preferably in writing, if anyone else, other than those listed will be collecting your child.
- Anyone picking a child up MUST sign them out of the schools care as they leave and note the time.
- School will issue bills half termly for booked sessions, payment is via parent pay. School accept child care vouchers please ask if you need further information.
- Bills are expected to be paid in a timely manner, please contact the School Manager if you experience problems with payments. Non-payment may lead to the school no longer offering you a place.
- Parents must ensure the office have the correct contact details in case of an emergency.
- In an emergency both Mrs King and Mrs Pullen are fully qualified first aiders they will administer first aid and arrange any follow up treatment required.
- Staff will administer medicine such as asthma, epi pens etc. if needed. Staff will administer prescription and non-prescription drugs in accordance with the department of education guidelines i.e. supporting pupils at school with medical conditions and managing medicines in schools and early year’s settings. All medication can only be given once the correct paperwork is filled in.
- Children who are ill must not attend the club and in the event of sickness / diarrhoea must stay off 48 hours after the sickness / diarrhoea has finished.
- If your child is ill whilst at the club, staff will contact you to collect your child.
- Parents must not park on the school car park for drop off or collection unless instructed to by a member of staff.
- Please ensure your child is collected on time. Children can become distressed when parents are running late. If your lateness is unavoidable then please telephone us on the mobile number issued to parents. Please note you may well be charged for late pickups.
- Parents who are late collecting their child after 6pm will incur a £5.00 charge per child for every 15 minutes late, except in exceptional circumstances.
- All behaviour issues will be dealt with in line with the schools behaviour policy. Should the need arise, issues with pupils will be brought to the attention of their parents / guardians, and or Head Teacher. If an issue cannot be resolved satisfactorily then in exceptional circumstances a child may be asked to leave.
- All children are registered upon their arrival, staff will follow up and missing pupils.
- Wrap around care will follow the schools rules and policies.