The children have 2 hours of high quality PE each week.
Breadth of learning-
- They participate in a range of activities that promote physical skills and development through indoor and outdoor activities.
- They are able to identify what types of physical activities they enjoy and how they can get involved outside of school (club links)
- Learn to swim a minimum distance of 25m – Swimming begins in Year 3, but any child who can’t swim the minimum distance is offered ‘top-up’ lessons in Year 6.
- Refine physical skills within aerobic activities and ball games – developing co-ordination.
- Learn about the importance of healthy lifestyles through links with PSHE.